TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, DUI
& PARKING TICKETS
The Law Library Staff prepares "Research Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) for the convenience of our users to provide access to a variety of sources addressing particular points of law. These are general legal information sources, and are not to be construed as a substitute for personal legal advice from an attorney. Please seek legal counsel to help you determine the applicability of any of the information in these resources to your specific situation. The Law Library makes no recommendation as to whether you should purchase any services offered by the websites contained in this FAQ.
This is NOT the Cleveland Municipal Court website for traffic violations.
The Clerk of Courts number is 216-664-4790.
For parking violations, call 216-664-4744.
Click the following to link to the Cleveland Municipal Court Traffic Division
1. City of Cleveland-Cleveland Municipal Court:
2. Statutes and Ordinances:
- Ohio Sentencing Chart for OVI and Traffic Offenses:
- Penalty Charts by Judge Jennifer P. Weiler, Garfield Heights Municipal Court. Show penalties for OVI and traffic offenses. Length of time for administrative license suspension.
- Traffic laws in the fifty states:
3. Ohio Department of Transportation:
4. Procedural Rules:
5. Traffic Courts and City Websites:
- To find the website of the court you are in, try: Cleveland Law Library: Municipal Courts or Ohio Trial Courts. Some websites contain FAQs, procedural information, etc. for traffic cases, others have only phone numbers and contact information.
- Generally helpful information can be found on these sites:
- City-specific information can be found on the city's or clerk of court's website. For example, see:
6. Bureau of Motor Vehicles:
7. ODOT: Office of Traffic Engineering:
8. Driver's License Suspensions and Reinstatement:
9. Articles & FAQs:
- Driving Under the Influence
10. Books which may be available at your local public library:
- Armstrong, Maria J., Recent developments in home rule authority: concealed weapons and traffic cameras, 19 Finley's Ohio Municipal Service 13 (Mar./Apr. 2007)
- Fitch, Mike, The work zone safety quiz: Knowledge can help save lives, 58 Cities & Villages 11 (Sept./Oct. 2010)
- Gallagher, Sean C., Big Brother? Cleveland adopts "red light/speed" cameras, 82 Law & Fact 27 (Jan. 2006)
1 West Lakeside Avenue, FL4 Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1078 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (216) 861-5070 Fax: (216) 861-1606
November 20, 2003 -