SMALL CLAIMS COURTS
|The Law Library Staff prepares "Research Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) for the convenience of our users to provide access to a variety of sources addressing particular points of law. These are general legal information sources, and are not to be construed as a substitute for personal legal advice from an attorney. Please seek legal counsel to help you determine the applicability of any of the information in these resources to your specific situation. The Law Library makes no recommendation as to whether you should purchase any services offered by the websites contained in this FAQ.
- In Ohio, Chapter 1925 of the Revised Code governs Small Claims Courts:
- Claims are limited to $3,000 in Municipal Courts.
- A person can represent himself or herself.
- There is no jury.
- The sites listed below provide comprehensive information about the procedures of small claims courts.
- See also the Law Library's FAQ's on:
1 West Lakeside Avenue, FL4 • Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1078 • Email: email@example.com • Phone: (216) 861-5070 • Fax: (216) 861-1606
June 04, 2003 -