DOMESTICATED ANIMAL LAW
|The Law Library Staff prepares "Research Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs) for the convenience of our users to provide access to a variety of sources addressing particular points of law. These are general legal information sources, and are not to be construed as a substitute for personal legal advice from an attorney. Please seek legal counsel to help you determine the applicability of any of the information in these resources to your specific situation. The Law Library makes no recommendation as to whether you should purchase any services offered by the websites contained in this FAQ.
U.S. Code Sections:
Ohio Revised Code Sections:
Ohio Administrative Code Sections:
Cleveland Codified Ordinances:
- Gerney, Russell, Old dogs, (mostly) old tricks, 20 Ohio Trial 9 (Spr. 2010)
- Guehl, Robert, Dog Bite Liability Law: Election Of Remedies, 15 Ohio Trial 20 (Spr. 2005)
- Hindel, Joanne E., Taking Care Of Hildy And Lieblich: Establishing A Pet Trust Under Ohio Law, 79 Cleveland Bar Journal 36 (Dec. 2007)
- Mills, Julie S., "And In Trust For My Pet...,” 21 Ohio Lawyer 24 (July/Aug. 2007)
- Ogline, Michael A., Trusts For The Care Of Animals: Estate Planning Goes To The Dogs, 18 Probate Law Journal of Ohio 9 (Sep./Oct. 2007)
- Rabb, Howard S., Learning from Leona: pet trusts and planning, 1 Cleveland Metro. Bar Journal 14 (Dec. 2008)
- Rogo, Patricia A., Man's Best Friend, 75 Cleveland Bar Journal 12 (Sep. 2004)
- Stolarsky, Marc L., Ohio Animal Trusts, 18 Probate Law Journal of Ohio 172 (Mar./Apr. 2008)
- Tomasello, Shirley, Regarding cruelty to animals: what every attorney should know, 1 Cleveland Metro. Bar Journal 27 (Mar. 2009)
- Findlaw: Dog Bites and Animal Attack Overview: This article discusses owner liability, potential defenses, potentially responsible parties, as well as additional resources.
- Ohio.com: Who cares for Fido after owner is gone?
- Animal Legal Defense Fund: What To Do If You Are Involved in a Custody Battle Over Your Companion Animal.
1 West Lakeside Avenue, FL4 • Cleveland, Ohio 44113-1078 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (216) 861-5070 • Fax: (216) 861-1606
September 25, 2009 -